How We Handle Complaints
We’re committed to providing products and services of the very highest standards. If you feel that we haven’t lived up to your expectations in any way, we’d like to know so we can put things right for you.
If you have a complaint make sure you contact the bank about it and tell us how you think it could be resolved.
Our promise is to:
- treat your complaints fairly and promptly
- try to resolve your complaints straight away, when you first contact us
- respond to you by phone and by email or in writing once our investigations are complete if we have not been able to resolve your query when you first contact us.
- keep you informed of our progress.
- Call our Customer Services Team on: 0330 380 1181. You will not be charged more than the basic rate for call to this number. We are available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (We are closed on all UK public and bank holidays).
- Raise your complaint with Customer Services by emailing BusinessDesk@oaknorth.co.uk or write to:
OakNorth Bank plc
6th Floor, Ship Canal House
98 King Street
We’ll do all we can to resolve your complaint by the end of the third business day, calculated from the business day after the date of receipt of your complaint. If we can’t do this, we will keep you informed on the progress of our investigations, and will let you know when you can expect a full response. We’ll also let you know the name and contact details of the person dealing with your case.
If we haven’t issued our response within eight weeks from the date you first raised your complaint, or if you’re dissatisfied with our response, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review. The Financial Ombudsman Service will only consider your complaint once you’ve tried to resolve it with us, so please take up your concerns with us first and we’ll do all we can to help.
Financial Ombudsman Service – Contact details
- Call 0800 023 4567, which is normally free for people ringing from a “fixed line” phone – but charges may apply if you call from a mobile phone.
- Call 0300 123 9123, charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs.
- Call +44 20 7964 0500: if you’re outside the UK.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR.
OakNorth customers that are either of the following may be eligible to take their complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service:
- micro-enterprise with an annual turnover or balance sheet up to 2m and fewer than 10 employees; or
- a charity with an annual income of less than £6.5 million; or
- small-medium sized enterprise (SME) with an annual turnover of no more than £6.5 million and fewer than 50 employees; or
- a trust has a net asset value of less than £5 million
Should you wish to take your complaint further, go to the Financial Ombudsman Service website. This includes details of how to make a complaint against the Bank and provides a questionnaire for you to complete.